Friday 18 January 2013

New Studio Planning

So at the moment my bedroom in my flat is starting to look like a shop as my products are arriving and I have also ordered some of the furniture for my studio. I move into the Studio in February and I can't wait to get my bedroom back and then the JT Makeup Studio will begin.

My courses will show my 7 stages of body painting. These are techniques I have acquired over nearly 18 years of body painting. I use stages 1 - 7 to make my body painting appear like an illusion with texture and structure. The Introductory Body Painting course is over two days and will run at weekends. The next course is more intermediate, based on Clothing and this will also run over two days.

For all the courses we provide products and learning materials plus lunch. The products I use for Body Painting are MUFE, MAC, Kryolan and Paradise. I also use other ingredients to create texture to the paint effects and I will be selling these products in my Studio plus a range of body painting brushes.

The response has been amazing and I am so lucky to be supported by some great people in the makeup industry. I just feel its an industry that is you work hard, are a team player, show that you are reliable and always keep praticing your skills, you will be fine.

The main thing I am looking forward to in the Studio is practising new ideas and testing new products out. We will have an area set up to record out work and will be filming some You Tube tutorials on body painting techniques.

My friend Jason has set up a company called Designedego and he will be running a 5 Day Introductory Makeup Course for all those wanting to learn high level fashion makeup. Jason worked around the world for MAC Cosmetics for over 10 years as well working with the MAC Pro team at LFW. He is an amazing makeup artist and a great educator.

My brochures are now ready and we are posting them out to our many requests. Its been a mad week

Here's some of my work from last year for the Vintage Hair Lounge as a promo for the Goodwood Revival. Hair & Makeup by Gloria & Sharon Holloway (Vintage Hair Lounge)



Thanks for taking the time to read my blogs, will keep giving updates on the studio

No comments:

Post a Comment